Submissions are CLOSED! Issue two will be published in June, and submissions will open back up in August.
How to Submit
- Email your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If written work, send as a .docx file
- If art work, send as a .pdf or .jpeg file
- We ask that you submit it from your personal email
- Include a title in a readable font for both written and visual pieces
- Art pieces can include a written description of at most three sentences
What to Submit
- Poems (limited to five submissions per author)
- Flash fiction (limited to two submissions per author)
- 250-1000 words
- Short stories (limited to two submissions per author)
- 1000-5000 words
- Art work (limited to five submissions per artist)
- submit as .pdf or .jpeg file, include a title
- We do not accept previously published works, including works which have been self-published (i.e. posted on social media)
Are simultaneous submissions accepted? – Yes, but let us know at the time of submission that it is a simultaneous submission, and tell us immediately if it is accepted by a different publisher.
Do I have to be an undergraduate to submit? – Nope! While Q & A is run primarily by undergraduate students, we accept submissions from anyone.
Can I mail a copy of my submission? – No. We only accept virtual submissions.
***Do I have to identify as a member of the LGBT community to submit? – Yes. As Q and A Queer Zine was created to amplify queer voices, we do ask that all submitters identify as LGBT+.
Do you accept anonymous submissions? – While the work can be published anonymously if it is accepted for the zine, we ask that you send in the submission with your name attached. If your work is accepted but you want to be published anonymously, let us know when you receive your acceptance email.
Are translations accepted? – If you are translating your own work, or can prove that you are translating it with permission from the original author, then yes, translations are accepted.
Can I help edit the zine? – Yes! Contact us at email@example.com. Provide your name, phone number, and university name if you are in college, and we’ll get back to you shortly with details.
Do you have a question not answered here? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org